Who is Gloria Ng?
Bestselling author Gloria Ng (sounds like "ing" and rhymes with "wing") believes in the power of our voices to make our planet and universe sing. Our collective growth is based upon our collective harmony, with particular attention to the unique voices of those who are traditionally underheard and underserved. Gloria uses her voice in print.
Gloria had her trial-by-fire experience in writing, editing, graphic design, layout, publicity, distribution, fund-raising, grant-writing and staff recruitment-training-retention of a small news publication whose bank account balance was pennies when she stepped in and was two print issues' funding ahead with regular staff on board by the time she transitioned to its advisory board.
Gloria's personal narrative writing has appeared in anthologies, including YELL-Oh Girls! Emerging Voices Explore Culture, Identity, and Growing Up Asian American and the #1 Amazon bestseller The Gratitude Book Project: My Favorite Christmas Memory. She went on to edit the anthology New Moms, New Families: Priceless Gifts of Wisdom and Practical Advice from Mama Experts for the Fourth Trimester and First Year Postpartum.
Gloria Ng now spends her time writing and publishing more books while simultaneously being a mother and primary caretaker of 3 children. Seeing a lack of bilingual books to read to her then infant-toddler, she thus created the Mama Gloria™ Chinese-English Bilingual Books series. Her first children's book debuted as an Amazon bestseller in 3 categories and remains on the bestseller list. Work-Life Balance, here she comes!
Gloria's mission and expertise is to inspire and create a culture of peace toward self-care, people care and earth care. She supports people fully employing their passion and purpose toward sustainability and thrive-ability.
You can read more about Gloria Ng's professional background here.
FUN FACTS 2016
- Favorite color: rainbow, because it makes the kids smile :-)
- Favorite drink: homemade kefir-- yum!
- Favorite dessert: assorted fruit tart--especially ones loaded with triple berries!
- Favorite city: Oakland
- Favorite vacation spot: a smartphone that allows me to travel anywhere within someone’s imaginative world (aka reading books!)
- Favorite activity (other than writing, reading, and learning new things): sleeping in
- Favorite nonfiction author: Deepak Chopra
- Favorite fiction author: Isabel Allende
- Favorite children’s author: Gertrude Chandler Warner
- Favorite modern movie: Frozen
- Favorite classic movie: Singin' in the Rain
- All-time Favorite TV show: The Magic School Bus
- Favorite posthumous spin-off/sequel show: Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood (modeled after Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood)
- Favorite song: Runners of Justice, a song dedicated to children picking up the baton from previous generations in order to pave their own way forward; the song debuted on the same day my grandmother passed away.
- Favorite singer: Tracy Chapman
- Favorite actor: Orlando Bloom
- Favorite actress: Meryl Streep
- Pet peeves: reality TV, people who don't answer their emails or return phone calls
- Person I'd most like to meet: Daisaku Ikeda
Stay Tuned with Gloria's Occasional Adventures